Chambres d'Hôtes – La Maison « Chez Darrouy »
Rural scenery bursting with History and Heritage and Lourdes as the grand finale...
The village oozes heritage between Lourdes and Bagnères de Bigorre.
Nestled between the religious town of Lourdes and Bagnères de Bigorre on the road to Tourmalet, this little village at an altitude of 373m is popular with cycling enthusiasts with bike paths for different abilities in the surrounding area.
The village still has its perfectly preserved washhouse and disused mill on the Echez River.
With village walks, mushroom and chestnut picking, nature lovers will be in their element.
- Next to Us
There’s a sense or need for calm. Pilgrimage hotspot Lourdes attracts millions of pilgrims to Massabielle Rock and its landmarks.
In and around
Explore famous sites such as the Bétharam Caves on the Saint Pé de Bigorre Road to Pau or the Médous Caves on the Cols d’Aspin Road.
Heat to Tourmalet and La Mongie ski resort where you can climb up the Pic du Midi de Bigorre then go down through Barèges with a stop at the UNESCO World Heritage site Cirque de Gavarnie.
With Béarn next door, visit Laruns which is famous for its cheese, daydream on a unique ride on the Little Artouste Train or venture a few miles up and do some shopping at the famous Pourtalet market.
Do you like to going to spas on holiday? Choose between Aquensis in Bagnères or Jardin des Bains in Argeles-Gazost.
Top landmarks such as UNESCO World Heritage site Cirque de Gavarnie, Pont d'Espagne Bridge, Gaube Lake in Cauterets and the Pic du Midi are sights for sore eyes so be sure to fit them into your schedule!
Wander through Luz-Saint-Sauveur with its church and fortified ramparts or visit Cauterets for its berlingot sweets and Raillère waterfalls with a trip to Gaube Lake or a day skiing at the Lys resort.
Soak up the setting, be adventurous or pensive or all three in one
With these family-friendly activities:
- Spotting marmots, bears and wolves at the Pyrénées Park in Argelès-Gazost
- Getting up close with birds of prey at the Donjon des Aigles in Beaucens
- Speeding down the slopes at Hautacam ski resort in summer and winter in a Mountain Luge
With these exciting activities for hikers of all abilities
- The Néouvielle Reserve, Pyrénées National Park and GR10 hiking trail with protected flora and fauna
- Paragliding, horse riding, rafting and canyoning in Gaves Valley and Campan Valley
And if you like to soak up everything the area has to offer:
- Wander through outdoor markets and explore local produce and crafts
- Unearth local heritage such as Château de Mauvezin and Saint-Savin Abbey